Founded in 1894, Barbour have sustained a reputation for quality lifestyle clothing. Originally supplying oilskins for fishermen in South Shields, innovation and continuous development of their product lines strengthens the Barbour brand and their presence in the market.
Today with a workforce of around 1,000, revenues of c£170m and product lines delivered across the globe, they are a tremendously attractive business. The business has grown significantly over the last 10 -15 years and their senior management team has continued to evolve.
Each key business area has a recognised leader who has responsibility for underpinning a sustained, profitable growth. They are responsible for ensuring that Barbour achieve their 2020 vision and deliver to their 5 year plan to 2021 by achieving annual objectives.
The IT Director will have direct responsibility for ensuring that IT and systems continue to support the current objectives. They must also ensure that any new and emerging technology solutions are utilised.
Specifically, the new IT Director will:
- Define and drive the IT strategy for the business
- Have responsibility for a technical team of c10 staff who provide support and development of IT services for the HQ in South Shields and remote offices and sites
- Manage the IT budget and ensure delivery of current and future business programmes that rely on IT input
- Manage all 3rd party suppliers
It is highly likely that the successful appointee will already have worked in an environment of collaborative working and constructive challenge.
They will be:
- Commercially focused
- Results and service orientated
- Forward thinking (and able to utilise the relevant latest technology solutions)
- Strong project managers with focus on delivery and results
The culture within the Barbour organisation is open, honest and pragmatic and it is therefore essential that the candidates can evidence they are effective leaders who can build strong business relationships. They must be genuinely interested in their people and able to develop and lead individuals within their teams.