Founded in 1894, Barbour have sustained a reputation for quality lifestyle clothing. Originally supplying oilskins for fishermen in South Shields, innovation and continuous development of their product lines strengthens the Barbour brand and their presence in the market.
Today with a workforce of around 1,000, revenues of c£170m and product lines delivered across the globe, they are a tremendously attractive business. The business has grown significantly over the last 10 -15 years and their senior management team has continued to evolve.
Each key business area has a recognised leader who has responsibility for contributing towards sustained, profitable growth. They are responsible for ensuring that Barbour achieve their 2020 vision and deliver to their 5 year plan to 2021 by achieving annual objectives.
The primary role purpose is to take full responsibility for the leadership of the Barbour Finance function and integrate into Barbour's senior leadership team, providing strategic insight, direction and challenge.
Core areas of responsibility to include:
- Full financial strategy and functional development responsibility.
- Act as a senior business partner to the MD and wider senior team.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement throughout the business.
- People leadership of the Head Office based team and international subsidiaries.
- Risk identification and mitigation by ensuring the appropriate control framework is in place throughout the business.
- Manage and own key external advisor relationships.
Barbour are seeking a senior finance professional who can demonstrate a strong commercial understanding and the ability to structure their team and function to enable it to become a valued service to the wider organisation.
The ability to integrate into the leadership team, forming effective working relationships and becoming a trusted business partner is critical.
Background experience and understanding of manufacturing, distribution, retail and e-commerce in an international trading environment will all be beneficial.